Plumwood Mountain Journal
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Welcome to the Plumwood Mountain Journal submissions page
Here you can submit poems to Plumwood Mountain: An Australian and International Journal of Ecopoetry and Ecopoetics. We welcome submissions of unpublished ecopoetry. We are particularly interested in publishing new and emerging, as well as established poets whose work is attentive to more-than-human entanglements and climate justice.
The submissions window for ‘Queering Ecopoet(h)ics’, Vol.11. N.01 is open from 7 December 2023 to 1 February 2024.
- Send up to 2 poems in 1 document, totalling 4 or fewer pages.
- Submissions are read by the editors anonymously, so please do not include your name in your submission file name or the document itself.
- However, we ask that you include a brief statement of up to 50 words identifying your relationship to the LGBTQIA+ community (this may reference your own sexuality or gender identity, or you may signal your allyship) to assist the editors’ reading of your poem/s. Please also indicate any information about your cultural background that is relevant to their reading of the submitted work. You may include this in the document (if space allows) or in Submittable, or both.
- We welcome simultaneous submissions and ask that you withdraw your submission via Submittable if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Successful poems will be published ($80 per poem) in the journal’s March issue, 2024.